women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mithril Errata

Mithril corrections to charts 3 & 4, rows 55 & 57.

Pattern calls for YOs in row 55, sts 4 & 101 respectively. This results in a st count of 23 per chart. Row 57 as written calls for 22 sts, leaving an additional st. The question is whether to omit the YOs in row 55 or add a corresponding decrease in row 57.

I have gone all the way back to my Neibling source material in German to find the answer. I have tried to see what I did in my original and cannot make an accurate determination.

I think either one works, but assuming you have already completed row 55, just do decreases in row 57, sts 1, as follows:

Chart 3, row 57, st 1 should be k2tog.
Chart 4, row 57, st 104 should be SSK.

Chart 3, row 57 should begin: k2 tog, k1, yo, ktbl, yo, k2, yo, sk2p, yo, k2, yo, ktbl, yo k2, ssk, k2, yo, ktbl, yo, k2, k2tog

Chart 4, row 57 should end: ssk, k2, yo, ktbl, yo, k2, k2tog, k2, yo, ktbl, yo, k2, yo, sk2p, yo, k2, yo, ktbl, yo, k1, SSK

Sorry this took me so long to figure out…

No comments: