women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, February 22, 2008

A Mysterious Beauty from the East

"O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."
-Christopher Marlowe


PATTERN INFORMATION:

Release Date:
Tuesday February
26, 2008

(Kim needed more time to prepare.) This one is firm. No waffling. Bet on it. Sorry for the confusion!

Available here as pdf file download for $8
Kits available at Woolen Rabbit

Size (after blocking): 30in. x 90 in.

Materials: 1800 yds. Woolen Rabbit or other laceweight yarn
(color: Tupelo Honey)
5000 8/0 seed beads
size 3(US) needles

Skill Level: advanced intermediate
(beading, chart reading, two-sided edging)

Thank you so much for all the kind comments. I have been unable to respond to some, but please know that ALL are tucked safely under my pillow at night, bringing me sweet dreams.

Your continuing affection for Moroccan Days both astounds and gratifies me.
Deo Gratias!

$8.00

SKILL LEVEL

Advanced Intermediate (some previous lace experience recommended)

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS (after blocking):

30 inches wide by 90” long

MATERIALS: 2000 yards lace weight yarn

Prototype knit with Woolen Rabbit lace weight

(tupelo honey)

5000 size 8/0 beads

Pictured: Miyuke 8/0 seed beads #8-0005F

(matte silver lined topaz)

size 3 (US) needles

11 comments:

Olga said...

oooooo-sooo beautiful! Gratias to you!

Rachel said...

Congrats Susan! It's beautiful...all your hard work shines through!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Cue the music as she sways into the room. What an intricately beautiful piece of knitted art.

Lucie said...

The colours are stunning and the beadwork give so much character. beautiful work.

Opal said...

It's just gorgeous! Jaw-droppin' gorgeous!

Bea said...

Its lovely. Simply amazing.

hopalong682003 said...

Oh, WOW!!! What a work of art. I 'm in love.

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful. I'm probably going to come out of lace hiatus for this one. I can't help myself. It wants me, and I want it.

Denise said...

It is just drop dead gorgeous - congratulations on the 'birth' (with all associated pains ;) of your new baby!

Birgitta said...

Hello!
imjust found your site and its lovely
I just love this shawl, what colour and the pattern, i just love it...
I will be back to see more
have a great day//Birgitta

Lil Knitter said...

I've been lurking and reading and watching this project grow...all I can say is WOW! It's absolutely stunning!
Hugs!