women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sprout

“ No ray of sunlight is ever lost, but the green that it wakes needs time to sprout. It is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith.”
-Albert Schweitzer


SPROUT
because Spring just can't come soon enough...


a warm and lovely cabled scarf design
SIZE:

10 inches wide by 60 inches long


MATERIALS:
6 skeins (588 yds.) The Fibre Co. Organik
Color: Jungle
or other worsted weight yarn

Size 8(US) needles


GAUGE:
6 stitches = 1 inch


skill level: intermediate

written directions


Let those March winds blow. Let her come in like a lion.
You and I both know that warmer days await.
And while we wait, we'll wrap our necks in verdant green
and dream of spring...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sprout is beautiful, no surprise. If money were sprouting I'd definitely add it to my collection of patterns that await either me or a yarn purchse but alas, no so. I do however miss the lace weight patterns... lace has stolen my heart!