women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rivendell

You feel there`s something calling you
You`re wanting to return
To where the misty mountains rise
and friendly fires burn
A place you can escape the world
Where the dark lord cannot go
Peace of mind and sanctuary
by loud water`s flow


- Rivendell by Rush


MEASUREMENTS
22 in circumference, 19 in tall
MATERIALS
300 yds. fingering weight yarn
Sample knit with Twisted Fiber Arts Muse, color: Netherfield Evolution
size 3(US) 24 " circular needles
yarn marker
Gauge: 7 stitches = 1 inch in lace pattern (blocked out)
charted & written directions
intermediate lace knitter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

P said...

Wooohoooo! Can't wait to get the yarn, so I can get started on this! I am soooo bumping this one to the start of my queue, oh beautiful beautiful Imladris :D

Laurie said...

Beautiful!! Adding to my "must make" list...but wait...I promised myself I'd do the Triad Scarf next...no...the Dragonfly (just bought yarn for that one)...um...Susan...can you stop doing all these gorgeous designs so I can catch up? LOL!!!

Andi said...

I love the soft foresty colors of the yarn. It works really well with the lace

Катя_Эльгарт said...

It's magnificent! it's amazing! I'm sorry, my English very poore.

Athrawes said...

I’m a beginning knitter - can you tell me which stitches this uses? I don’t want to buy the pattern and find it’s way above my skill level, but if I know the stitches, or only have to learn one or two, I’d love to have a go.