women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, December 16, 2011

On the 4th Day of Christmas (or is 5th?)


On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.

My bad - forgot to post yesterday....

Don't worry - there will still be 12 days - promise!

Today's treat is another free pattern. This time a cushy lovely light (yet full of alpaca goodness & a fast knit) cowl.

TECHNO-POP!
An easy-peasy generous wooly cowl


Size: 36 inches around by 9 inches tall
Materials: 2 skeins Blue Sky Alpacas Techno (or 240 yds. heavy worsted)
Size 10.5 (US) 24 or 32 inch circular needles (or to obtain gauge)
Gauge: 4 st = 1 inch (in pattern)

The yarn is absolutely yummy, light as air and so soft! The pattern is an easy twisted check.


Pattern available on the sidebar and on Ravelry.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lorien said...

Yippeee! Thanks! :)

Barbara Gordon said...

Thanks for the pattern. I am getting back to knitting after taking quite a break, accept for scarves, and I think this is just right to practice a new pattern with. Because I have a short/fatter neckline, I would like to make it in a finer type yarn. Wish me luck!