women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Evenstar Errata

Clue #7: wrong side directions omitted from key

knit symbol (blank space) should be “purled on wrong side”
purl symbol (-) should be “knit on wrong side”
knit two tog symbol (/) should say “p2 tog on wrong side.” THIS IS NOT WHAT THE KEY SAYS BUT THE KEY IS WRONG

the software I use maintains that the opposite of a k2 tog is an ssp. I disagree. I think it is a p2 tog. I don’t know if I can change the symbol key, but I will try.

Bottom line - if you are happy with how it looks, no need to change it. Either way looks fine - only time the decrease is on the wrong side is at the inner edge - if it was the others it would look wonky, but we dodged that bullet.

Added later: I cannot change the stitch key - it won’t let me. Will change written directions & see if I can export the key to paint & overwrite. Have sent an email to the software developer to see if he has a patch.

So sorry - tech glitch - out of my control.


1 comment:

Tuazophia said...

Chart 2 line 52 have only 24 s = need to be 26.