women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Eyes Have It

"The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

And mine feel ancient at the moment!

What I thought was simple eye strain turns out to be pink eye, which is causing blurred vision. I woke up this morning with both my eyelids agglutinated shut.


Never the less, I managed to get another repeat in on Rose yesterday, so I still think I can get her out to you before the holiday weekend. But it is slow going. I keep having to blink my eyes and swap off to a less visually demanding (read larger gauge) project, like Festivus.

This one isn't larger gauge, but I am particularly excited by its possibilities.

I am designing a scarf pattern specifically for Schaefer's Memorable Knitters yarn. The pattern, called Knitter's Basket, is suitable for any of the four colors. I am using Anne in Elizabeth Zimmerman for the sample.

The pattern , which is easy enough for a beginner, features a diagonal basket weave slip stitch pattern that does a nice job of mixing up the variegated yarn. I think it will be a wonderful way for non-sock knitters to utilize these wonderful colors that honor women so close to our hearts.

And now my eyes need rest...

!!STASH SALE TOMORROW!!

No comments: