women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

When Good Needles Go Bad...






Get the picture?

I think this beading needle has outlived its usefulness. Time to go to that great needle graveyard in the sky...

(Otherwise known as the circular file)



So what am I up to this morning?

After blocking yesterday, I am adding ladybugs to the edge of Zinnia, the August installment of the Garden Variety Collection, which is due for release sometime next week.

Now usually I am a process knitter, rather than a progress one (although I have learned to apply a judicious amount of discipline - yeah right - in order to meet self-imposed deadlines.)

But I am applying ladybugs with a fervor not often seen out here on the sunflower farm.

Why?

Because I am determined to wear Zinnia to Stitches Midwest.

Tomorrow...

This will be the first time I have visited this annual bacchanalia event as a vendor, rather than a consumer. No, I don't have a booth (something to aspire to in the future.)

But I DID ( with some help from my DH) create a nifty one page flier featuring my currently available patterns...

Which I will be handing out along with my card to various retail outlets.

Hey, A girl's gotta eat pay her baby boy's college tuition.

So, if you see a fat statuesque, old mature redhead wearing a yellow dress and a Zinnia scarf with red ladybugs hanging off of it,

(And how many of those can there be?)

Stop me and say, "Hi."

Trust me. It'll make my day!

Now, if I just didn't have all these ends to weave in...


Sigh...






ALL PATTERN ORDERS PLACED FRIDAY, AUGUST 22ND WILL BE EMAILED OUT ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 23RD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I going to Stitches tomorrow! Is it weird if I show you my Magic Carpet? I won't ask you to sign it or anything.

Donna Lee said...

I'd definitely come up and say Hi! Have a fun and profitable time. Being among one's people (knitters) en masse is a unique and wonderful experience.

dmw said...

have a wonderful time - and hope lots of friends/fans stop in and say hi...