women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, June 27, 2008

My Ride Is Here...




"I've been doin' things worthwhile, and You’ve been bookin' time
Try, Try, Try, to let it ride
Runnin’ with the crazy crowd, ooh, ain’t no friends o’ mine
Try, Try, Try, to let it ride"
- Bachman Turner Overdrive

I don't know if knitters qualify as a "crazy crowd," but I am definitely running these days, I hope you find my work worthwhile, and I KNOW many of you are booking time with my various designs.

And that is the true miracle. I know how cherished our precious knitting time is. I know how hard it is to carve out those hours or minutes. I know how important it is that our knitting brings us peace of place and joy of creation.

And I am deeply honored when you choose Sunflower Designs.

I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and find this all a dream...

Meanwhile, I'll just let it ride...

Today, it has been 3 months since Magic Carpet Ride debuted as a kit on the Woolen Rabbit's website.

Time flies...

While the pattern is still available as a kit with Kim's luscious laceweight, I am pleased to welcome her back home, and announce that she is also now available as a stand alone pattern here on my sidebar.

I know some of you have been patiently waiting...

Well, you will have to wait just a teeny bit more.

Because my ride is leaving...

I'm comin' home...

On my way up to the lake for three wonderful weeks of R & R, and family time.

But fear not; I have...

FULL INTERNET ACCESS

24/7

wOOt!

So, any orders placed today will be emailed to you later this evening. (Seven hours drive time, don't ya know.)

And any other orders will be on their way out to you the same day, usually within hours, sometimes within minutes.

Isn't technology a wonderful thing?

See you in seven...

2 comments:

florencemary said...

Wow, fantastic photos!

Clarex

Donna Lee said...

That shot looks like it could be in the Wharton Tract in NJ. One of my favorite places in the world. It looks cool and inviting and I'll bet it smells good. Nice thing to contemplate as we're stuck in this humid/thunderstormy weather pattern. Enjoy your time away. It'll recharge those batteries.