women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Creativity Ain't Always Pretty

In the beginning, there was darkness all around.









The dark side of creativity









And God brought forth light from the darkness









If we're lucky...









I'm waiting...









Still waiting...









Any time now...









BUGGER!

If you want something done right, sometimes you just have to do it yourself.

Tired of spinning my needles on Sedona (yes, I know, I AM making progress, albeit slow)I cast on for Autumn Glory yesterday.

I had three hanks of Autumn-y goodness
(otherwise known as Briar Rose Sonoma)




and the view I had driving back from Michigan last week with the trees, now delineated by the emerging fall color, stacking up in staggered rows, just like a lace pattern.


(Not my picture folks. Truth in advertising.)

And out of darkness, came light...


Lace, when rendered in a chunky yarn and a large repeat, takes on a whole new perspective.

Vitals: chunky boat neck pullover, skims body, hip length, 3/4 sleeve. Rib repeats at raglan neckline and top of sleeves.



See the trunks in the ribbing design?





(Sorry for the slight blur. I design. I don't shoot well.)


And the little trees?






It'll look better once it's blocked.

Time to go bring light out of darkness, order out of chaos.

God helps she who helps herself...

7 comments:

Opal said...

You mean there aren't any magical brownies that will come and clean my house for me if I leave them a bowl of milk? When did this happen?! Oh the horror. Life without menehunes and brownies.

La Cabeza Grande said...

All I can say is that Pippin better get cracking! Oh, and much love for the fiery Autumn-hued sweater in progress.

Ann said...

It's worse if you have children - I clean & they mess - it's a never ending job & I had stop waiting for miracles!

Denise said...

Good luck with the chaos! A never ending task...

The autumn foliage is just SO stunningly beautiful - I grew up in Connecticut (I am Aussie, but my dad did a post-doc at Yale) and I MISS the forests of New England.

Denise said...

Guess what? This morning the Kitchen Fairy showed up at my place, for the First Time Ever - someone (shhhh, it was Dotter's lovely boyfriend) unpacked the dishwasher and washed some pots and pans! He's such a sweetie... he can stay ;)

Carol said...

I love how you coordinate your knitting with the season ;) It's beautiful! My mess is still waiting to be cleaned...

ikkinlala said...

Very pretty!