women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sneak Peek Saturday

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind."
-Samuel Johnson

"Curiosity is the key to creativity."

- Akio Morita

All too often these busy days, I get so caught up in the thrill of the ongoing design process, that I neglect to invite others into the studio and share what I am working on until the time comes to bring a pattern to market.

A great deal of my inspiration comes from the two words, "what if?"

  • What if I used a different yarn?
  • What if I went up to a much larger needle?
  • What if I turned this pattern sideways?
  • What if I combined cables with lace?

A healthy curiosity is indispensable in my line of work. And I am sorry I have not been better at satisfying yours.

So I am instituting (instigating?) aw crud...starting a new feature: Sneak Peek Saturday

(otherwise known as : what the hell has Susan been doing all this week?)

Both of these patterns are part of the new Two Towers series. And both are heading into test knit this coming week as the earliest releases.


Barad Dur shawlette in Rowan Panama (DK weight linen cotton blend) A quick little knit for when you're in the mood for something less fiddly

and the Mere beaded wrap in Sanguine Gryphon Gaia lace (will include directions for scarf & stole) for when you want something less structured


Other than that, I have been knitting on In Dreams (6th clue) and completed charting this week for the final clue (#7)

And I am about to head back into the final work on the Mithril Vest ( last remaining pattern in the Fellowship series) so I can get it out to testers the following week.



(these are old pics - am now up well past the division for the armholes - about mid-back)

Well, that's about it for me these days. Hope all is well with you and yours. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Lorien said...

DROOLS! I want to knit Barad Dur NOW!

Anonymous said...

Stunning!