women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Last Call

It's quarter to three,
There's no one in the place 'cept you and me
So set em up Joe
I got a little story I think you oughtta know
We're drinking my friend
To the end of a brief episode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road

-Harold Arlen & Johnny Mercer

After a few false starts, Argonath, a deeply cabled woolen wrap to keep you warm when those winter winds start howling (and you know they will!) is headed into test knit next week. I am really enjoying knitting this one - so much that I didn;t mind pulling her back when the idea came to me for the yummy cabled & fringed end piece.

And it's getting bigger...

I mistakenly identified the yarn as String Theory Caper Dk - in fact it is their merino dk. Oops!

Many new Fellowship patterns are close to release:

This is the Bag End felted "mushroom" bag, but you may choose to fill it with your latest project. The bag is mosaic stitched, which means no pesky stranding, just one color at a time. And I have used a Japanese folding technique, so you knit the body of the bag in one piece! Lots of fun...
Unique Sheep will be selling kits for the bag.





And Galadriel's Mirror is nearing completion of its test knit. This pattern will include directions for doubling the pattern for a beautiful tablecloth or square shawl. I used String Theory's Bluestocking in Alexandrite for this design. It takes 3 skeins for the triangular, 6 for the square. They are dyeing their little hearts out, in preparation for her release.

Look for both of these patterns at the end of the month. Galadriel's Mirror is a separate purchase, but I will give a $2 discount to subscribers, as I did with Goldberry & Rivindell.

Argonath tops out at a generous 22 inches wide, so it's plenty snuggly. Look for an October release date: following Bag End & Galadriel's Mirror. Argonath & Bag End are included in the $45 subscription, which many of you have already purchased.

Speaking of which, now that we are halfway through the series, I am closing subscription sign ups at the end of this week.

Soooo... if you want to take advantage of the discounted prices, do it soon. Subscribers get the additional pattern for Legolas kerchief and a $2 discount on other FotR patterns, such as Galadriel's Mirror, which were added to the series at a later time.

Last call...

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

squeeeeeee! i can't wait for argonath! i ADORE cables!