women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Sneaky Peeks

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

-Yogi Berra

It's been a busy week on the Sunflower Farm. Evenstar is nearing completion (WHEW!) with only one clue yet to go. This has given me more time to focus on the other Fellowship of the Ring patterns.

Goldberry is being proofed even as I write: she will be released tomorrow, when I will post all the vital measurements & materials & such. She will retail for $6 like Rivendell, but again I will offer a $2 discount to FotR subscribers. You can either purchase from me on the sidebar, or on RAV, in which case I will refund $2.

But I just couldn't wait to show pics.It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I took her outside...


Just look at that color run!


I found a stand in for an actual live model!

A word about the two add-on patterns: Rivendell & Goldberry: I had wanted to include these patterns in the original $45 offer, but could not find a suitable yarn. Once I found Twisted Fiber Arts, I knew I just had to use their colors, which were perfect for these projects.

I did these 2 patterns first, not to increase my income, but for other reasons:
  • They were relatively simple repetitive patterns that I could easily pick up in between working on Evenstar, when my eyes were tired.
  • They were portable projects, which Evenstar definitely wasn't.
  • They give you a quick alternative to a larger project like Evenstar & Dwarrowdelf.
  • The colors & yarns are suitable for warmer weather.
  • The yarn is brighter and thus easier to see at night than Dwarrowdelf which is all dark & twisty ( and I wouldn't have it any other way!)
Now that my Evenstar knitting is no longer taking up most of my time, I am able to go full bore on Dwarrowdelf. It is past the halfway mark and off to test knitters today. Happy happy! Joy joy!

I blocked out the back panel & one end yesterday to check measurements and to make sure I was happy with the bottom edge design, which did not show to its best advantage before blocking.


I decided to expand the chain motifs that link the arches into a motif reminiscent of the Misty Mountains, before finishing it off with a simple Ktbl rib to match the side panels.

I am ready to pick up the stitches for the second side - YAY! Very happy with this one and looking towards a mid May release.

For those wanting to pre-order yarn:


I ALMOST FORGOT!

SINCE GOLDBERRY ISN'T AVAILABLE UNTIL TOMORROW, I AM EXTENDING THE SUBSCRIPTION OFFER THROUGH SUNDAY MAY 2ND

THE $2 DISCOUNT ON RIVENDELL & GOLDBERRY IS GOOD WHENEVER YOU PURCHASE, AS LONG AS YOU ARE A SUBSCRIBER

No comments: