women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Done (but NOT Quickly!)

"Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished."

-Confucius

I cast off the final stitch of Chrysanthemum on Sunday afternoon. I am really happy with how she turned out.

Blocked her yesterday, and admired her today. It is so hard to tell what a triangular shawl is going to look like when you are in the midst of the center pattern repeats.

You can't really see in these pictures, but the beads glow and the entire piece is so rich and warm. Perfect for this time of year. I love the russet, bittersweet, and eggplant colors of the Origin Seasilk. I think this may be my favorite GVC pattern thus far.

I am off to attach the little leaf beads to the points and get better pictures. Then it is time to write 'er up and get 'er out into your hot little hands.


Shall we have a little chorus of "Can't - Stop - Thinkin' about tomorrow..."?

I hope you find her worth the wait.

P.S. Thank you for all your "get well" wishes last week. It was a mean bug. Took me down and out for four whole days. but all is well now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful!

Susie B said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Can't wait to see the pattern.