women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Lonely


Crazy...
Crazy for feeling so lonely.
I'm crazy,
Crazy for feeling so blue.

I knew
You'd love me as long as you wanted.
And then someday
You'd leave me for somebody new.

Worry...
Why do I let myself worry?
Wondrin'
What in the world did I do?

Crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you...
I'm crazy for tryin',
Crazy for cryin'...
And I'm crazy
For lovin' you.

-Willie Nelson


It seems my blocking board was feeling lonely. She felt neglected.

You see, I went away and left her.

I embarked on a cruise and not only did I completely forget about her,

I didn't even bring anything back for her.

So sad to be all alone in the world...

But this week, I am doing my best to make up for it.

This is Namaste: the second in the Zen collection of organic cotton scarves for summer (pattern out on Monday.) She's all blocked out and lookin' mighty fine with all the kinks stretched out of her.


And this is my swatch for Rose: the June installment of the Garden Variety Collection.

Want a closer look?

Of course you do...


The design alternates traditional rose leaf lace with a twisted stitch pattern that resembles an opening rose bud. Scarf is rectangular with five floral motif panels, divided by right twisting mock cables, and bracketed on the ends by a simple beaded diagonal chevron design.

The beads you see are not knitted in, but rather scattered across, the swatch to determine proper placement and color. I thought I wanted one of the lighter rose colors, but I really like the contrast in the darker crimson. It pops.

I originally planned to put the beads along the twisted stitches, but in playing around with it, have decided to use them between the lines to accent the graphic nature of the design.

So...

Now that my blocking board is feeling useful to society again, it is time to cast on for Rose, write up Namaste, and sell y'all some yarn tomorrow.

It's so good to be back! I love my work.

PS. Thank you all for the many messages of condolence received about our elder cat's demise. She was a sturdy old cat whose time had come, but we will miss her. Pippin keeps wandering around like he is looking for her. He has been sticking to us like glue...

SUSAN'S SATURDAY STASH SALE RESUMES TOMORROW
!!BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!

No comments: