women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Bigger

“If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in eye and say, 'I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.'”


-Ann Landers

Nothing new to report from the weekend. No new designs - just models growing bigger.


Pampas (first in the 2009 Garden Variety Collection - presales on the right sidebar) got two more pattern repeats on her...she's ready for a test knit, if Maria the wonder knitter will have her. If not, I know lots of people who would be happy to fill in. Meanwhile, I'll just keep plugging away...


Vinyasa also grew by several inches. My fingers needed a break from beading last night, so I returned to her. I'm lovin' the Zen...

I think she will be ready for the market sometime next week. Fun knit - lots of twisted stitches.

Blood sugar seems to be well controlled at this point. Going to have to get used to control being a good thing. I had so many control issues going into therapy, that I chucked by the wayside. Time to pick them back up.

But I refuse to let them drive...

Good advice from Ann Landers.

Bigger is better...

Sometimes.

2008 GARDEN VARIETY COLLECTION RETIRED ON WEDNESDAY

GET YOURS TODAY AND TOMORROW ONLY!

2 comments:

Ash said...

Pampas really is an Egyptian beauty. That said, Zen draws me in. I can't wait to begin my own. I think it will be a special relationship.

dragon knitter said...

tried to grab apic to post about the collection on the chum, but it wouldn't let me,sigh.