women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Vote!

"Suffrage is the pivotal right."
-Susan B. Anthony

We all know how important our votes are, right?

We've all been following the election campaigns closely, right?

Some of us are for this guy:









And some of us are for this guy:








And some of us wish this guy was running:


Sorry...too much West Wing watching while knitting. Could there be a more idealistic show about government? I wish I felt the same way about our actual government. Sigh...



And, of course, some of us are voting for Dolores:



However, I would like to ask your opinion on something much more immediate and fun.

And you don't have to go to your local polling place. (I recommend a visit to your LYS instead; a little farther drive for most of us, but a shorter line and more gratifying by half.)

Heck, you don't even have to get up from your knitting chair!

All I ask is that you take a little time from your busy day and cast your vote on the following question:

Which color of Mountain Color's yummy new Winter Lace yarn (new this fall) should I submit a design for?

Marias Falls





Red Tail Hawk





Sierra





Chinook





Crazy Lady





Mountain Twilight





Red Willow





Ruby River





Leave me a message and let me know your favorite. It's so hard to pick just one; I love them all...

Now here's an election we can all get excited about!

37 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I love all of them. I have never seen Red Willow before so I will go with that one.

Anonymous said...

I like Ruby River. It doesn't look quite as variegated so your pattern will show up.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh...those are all so pretty, I almost can't choose. I think, though, that Ruby River does come out ahead.

Nancy said...

I vote for Wild Horse cuz that's the colorway I bought last week! :)
Nancy McGarvey

teabird said...

I vote for Chinook. It shimmers!

Cheryl, the jungian Knitter said...

Ruby River -- because I cannot resist a good red!

Ronni said...

I vote for Mountain Twilight because not only to I love the color but I love the name as well. It reminds me of living near the Rockies as a child somehow.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is Chinook - but they are all wonderful.

How about a challenge to yourself - to do one for each???

dobarah said...

OH, I like gailr's idea...one of each! Actually, my first choice would be Mountain Twilight with Chinook as my second choice. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Ruby River. But the name Crazy Lady is so fun.

Anonymous said...

Well, I like chinook, because it seems like it would show off your design work the best.

Anonymous said...

Red Tail Hawk or Mountain Twilight. All are beautiful, but those appeal to me the most. Can't wait to see your decision and design!

Dirt Road Diva said...

I vote for Mountain Twilight- it is rich, deep and mysterious.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Chinook 'in person' in another fiber and it is just *beautiful* - it glows. So Chinook is my vote

EGunn said...

Tough choice...I love Marias and Mountain Twilight, but they're pretty similar to Iris. Any one of them would be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Mountain Twilight because the colors are sooo rich and jewel-like. Red Tail Hawk is also good for the same reason...rich colors.

Donna Lee said...

Ruby River only slightly wins out over Sierra. But the red is so vibrant. It would show off any design so well.

Anonymous said...

Marias Falls then Mountain Twilight then ruby river.....they are all great colors though.

Unknown said...

I vote for Marias Falls.

Danielle said...

I vote for Chinook.

Anonymous said...

So much depends on the theme of the project, doesn't it? Chinook looks icy to me, so a winter-themed project would really suit it, in my mind.

I agree with others who stated that variegated colours tend to hide a pattern, so I'm often reluctant to use one for a lacy project.

All that being said, my favourite of the colours is Red Willow, with Red Tail Hawk and Sierra in strong competition.

Meredith

Anonymous said...

I've seen Ruby River in person, and it just glows, so that's the one I'm voting for. Also helps that I've been in a red phase lately....

Spindle Imp said...

Red Willow

Anonymous said...

I really like everything but Sierra. As others have pointed out, it would depend upon the design.

Anonymous said...

I love the sierra...funny how we're all different....2nd choice mountain twilight....but anything you put your talents to would be special I'm sure....Thanks for your designs...They inspire me.
Rebecca

Kristy said...

Red Willow and Chinook are my favorites!

Ruth said...

Mountain twilight! All those beautiful winter blues.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Ruby River, hands down.

Joan K said...

Sierra - no question

Elysbeth said...

Sierra!

Ros Ritchie said...

Ruby River has my vote

Anonymous said...

Ruby River.

Lizardknits said...

I vote for Maria's Fall.

Ann said...

This is difficult as there are many that I like but I will vote for Mountain Twilight.

madonnaearth said...

I like the subtlety of Chinook and would love to see a pattern that works with that, but the Red Willow is calling my name. So that's the one I'm voting for, Red Willow.

Linda said...

Mountain Twilight or Mariahs falls - either one should show a design well. There are all lovely, though, which is why you asked for a consencus. It's hard to make a decision, especially from a small bit of a page on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Red Tail Hawk!

Diane in OR