women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Friday, June 6, 2008

June Is Bustin' Out All Over

June is bustin' out all over
All over the meadow and the hill!
Buds're bustin' outa bushes
And the rompin' river pushes
Ev'ry little wheel that wheels beside the mill!

June is bustin' out all over
The feelin' is gettin' so intense,
That the young Virginia creepers
Hev been huggin' the bejeepers
Outa all the mornin' glories on the fence!

Because it's June...
June, June, June...

Just because it's June, June, June!
-Rodgers & Hammerstein


June really is busting out down here on the sunflower farm.



The Iris are going like gangbusters...









The Crocus are still holding their own...









The Hydrangea's on its way to the master gardeners test knitters (thanks, ladies!)









The Zinnias are just beginning to bloom...









They've attracted the cutest little ladybug beads...









And, by popular demand, the Sunflower seeds yarn has been ordered...












I'm going to attempt a tri-color lace design.















Could be cool...









Of course, it could also turn into a big hot mess.









Time will tell...

Don't you just love the growing season?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got the Crocus pattern the other evening, and now I am really looking forward to Hydrangea. It looks like it's going to be absolutely incredible. :-)

Elizabeth Metz said...

OMG. Hydrangea! Zinnia! *dies*

I liked crocus a whole lot, but those two? MUST BE MINE. :)

Danielle said...

Absolutely lovely! I can hardly wait to see what you come up with on the tri-color design! I'll bet it is more "cool" that a "mess!" :)

EGunn said...

Oh my, you have been busy, haven't you? The garden is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Im not usually a fan of pink, but I really like Zinnia :)

Acornbud said...

Wow, how beautiful. I love all the colors but especially Crocus and Iris. Now if I could only knit lace!

Megan said...

ok lady bug beads....now you're just showing off!!! I'm impressed, I'm still drooling over the iris petal beads and now zinnia....oh my.....I'm going to have to quit drooling on my keyboard. I love to see what you come up with next!!!

Lucia said...

Tri-color lace? Cannot wait.