women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

What the Hell?

Stat Counter has the hiccups (or something)

I am up to over 700 page loads this morning, from all over the country and they all come from a "click through link." Now I don't know what this is (but would you like to learn all about digital thermostats?) I suspect I'm being spammed.

I would be a lot more excited about these visits if they lasted longer than 0 seconds...

SIGH!

So, just in case the clicks turn into comments (NOOOOOOOO!!!!) I have installed a random letter checker thingie ( don't you love those technical terms?)

In the meantime, I knit on... and ignore the mayhem...that used to be realistic data.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think statcounter must be having difficulties, because I got a "technical problems" message when I tried to log in just now. Still, it just takes one mega-blogger to link you and you can see a massive spike in your stats (which reminds me, I keep meaning to thank you for the Make My Day award! I never quite get this meme etiquette right.)

Anonymous said...

The computer speak is all Greek to me.

Bea said...

I'm really here. I'm not spamming you!

TheBlackSheep said...

No spam here. Nope. None at all.

*runs*

Wait. Let me add that I hate the random letter thingy. I'm too stupid to see what letters they actually are and it usually takes me about three trys to get them right. You can see I'm right up there with the techno geeks.

Dove Knits said...

The letter thingie is always a good idea.