women of a certain age are like sunflowers; they know how to turn their faces to the sun.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Invincible Summer

منجز, مكمل, منتهي, متمم, كامل

That's Arabic for "finished."





Will pop her into an overnight bath and then tomorrow she is onto the blocking wires.
Pattern available Friday.
My profound thanks for all of your kind comments and encouragement. They have given me much joy these last few months.


"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
Albert Camus

May you also discover your invincible summer, wherever it may lie.
Blessings!

6 comments:

benne said...

Morocco, the stole, is mysterious and intriguing, as I imagine the kingdom itself must be. Your stole is very beautiful and I want to knit it and take a mental trip to exotic places while knitting. Now to find the perfect audio book and a little incense.

I saw the quote by Camus at the bottom of your post. I remember distinctly the very moment many years ago when I understood what it meant. I used to have a framed copy but lost it somewhere along the way in a move. I lost the frame but not the thought, nice to see the words again, like an old friend.

Taleah said...

delightfully perfect! Truly a wonderful work of art.

Agata said...

Oh wow, even though you've had so many progress pictures up, seeing the finished piece (minus the middle seaming) is better than everything before it :) Congratulations on finishing such an arduous task. Now comes the fun part - watching other people marvel at your work and making hundreds of MD's. I look forward to getting the kit from Kim :)

Tina said...

What a beauty! I am not too crazy about beads but here they give the finishing touch!

TheBlackSheep said...

Wow. Fabulous! Really fabulous!

vi said...

i have waited long and patiently......

thank goodness
thank you

vi